23 September 2008

stage fright

If you're reading this, may I ask why?
Is it possible that any configuration of letters, of typeface, if arranged correctly, could have an sort of impact on you? Is that what you're reading this for? you want these forms, these symbols to affect you?

I hate to break the news to you, but everything has an effect on you. No matter what you do, you're part of it all. You're a part of everything you ever hated and ever loved. Every post-it, every insult, every piece of artwork that you scoffed at, you're part of it. It must be frustrating, being you, hearing this news. I'm sure when you came here, you clicked your way on over to this fine figurative land, you were expecting something to brighten your day or make you feel something. Well I never promised that now did I?

You came here, without wiping your shoes on my welcome mat I might add, and thought it would be different. You thought I could offer you something that I don't ever want to offer you. This isn't the place for vague definitions of what a sister is, this isn't the place where you'll stock up on anything. Nope.

This is the place where I promise, you'll get lost & stay lost.